Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stretch

Being vertically challenged, I often struggle to reach things on the top shelf, hang things, or see in a theater. I can only stretch so far.
The same is true with my life. I often feel stretched in so many directions. I constantly find myself trying to give my all to my friends, school, home, church, schedule, self, and a million other things. But here's the thing. Deuteronomy 6:5 says, "You shall love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." God cannot be a part of my life. God must be my life. I waste so much time trying to stretch myself out and be a part of so many worldly things, that I often forget that the only important thing is my relationship with God and fellow Christians. In reality, it would be so much easier to just give everything to God and let him guide me to where I need to be, rather than try to be a part of everything in hopes that at least one of them is where God wants me.

No comments:

Post a Comment