Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fear Factor

Have you ever been afraid?


Afraid of the dark? Afraid of heights? Personally, I have an ever increasing fear of crickets, which I can attribute to some unfortunate childhood experiences.
But what about the bigger things? The real things. Your life, your future, and your next paycheck are all uncertain, which is absolutely terrifying. When you are no longer in control of something, you begin to fear it. But, thankfully, Christians don't have to worry about losing control, because someone much more capable is in control.

"For I, the Lord your God,
hold your hand;
it is I who say to you, 'Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.'"
Isaiah 41:13

Whether it's your world (John 15:19), your future (Jeremiah 29:11), your material needs (Matthew 6:25-34), physical harm (Luke 12:4), or any anxiety whatsoever (I Peter 5:7) that causes you to fear, know that the Almighty Lord of all Creation is there to hold your hand and lead you through your trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment