Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 12: One More Day

Last day. This morning we got up and went to Adelaida's church to do Sunday school. We did an Easter story play, passed out eggs with jellybeans, & did coloring sheets. One boy was particularly precious. His name is Donny and he climbed on Cliff like a monkey the whole time. Then we went back to La Flecha and I bought a piece of pottery for my mom, but, of course, I've already forgotten what it's called. Kelsey & I skipped another hanging bridge experience to ride with the old people to Cafe Ray's. I got a tamalito, but I couldn't even finish it all. We came back and started packing. Kelsey found my military bag that I lost last week. I then discovered that I accidentally stole a duffle bag from La Flecha. So, to you readers, Kelsey Humphreys is in possession of a black market Honduran duffle bag. Then Cliff took us on a hike down to the river, which was pretty cool. They said it would be like a tropical rain forest, but I don't think it's any different from a hike somewhere around Nashville. We came back and ate chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, & brocolli- the most normal meal Cliff has made all week. Then we went to the craziest church service yet. There were dancers (God's cheerleaders), hard rock bands, jumping all over the place, & people were passing out everywhere. However, this church was home to the prettiest boys. I think I liked Mr. Ray's message about Elijah and the mantle. The church certainly did. Mr. Ray had brought a blanket to represent the mantle/Holy Spirit & the pastor there demanded that he have it. He then proceeded to run around the church, flinging the blanket in the air yelling, "I have the Holy Spirit! We will never give this mantle away!"
Finally, Cliff stopped to pick up ice cream on the way home (though Jim claimed it was arsenic-laced). Then I took my last shower. Unfortunately, it was the shower Casey broke last night, only I broke it further today. Tomorrow I leave, but I don't know if I'm excited anymore.
-Namaste-

No comments:

Post a Comment