Thursday, May 26, 2011

You Look High

Tonight after church services someone came up to me and said, "Jessica, you look high when you sing upstairs. You're all smiley." This statement brought about some mixed emotions. I was creeped out & wondering why they were staring at me while I was singing. I was offended because apparently I look like a stoner during worship. Then I got kinda sad. Smiling shouldn't be anything that stands out in worship. Smiling should be the result of worship. Granted we all have a different relationship with the Lord and worship him differently, if the fact that we are able to freely praise our holy Savior who suffered in our place so that we may worship him eternally doesn't make us smile, we have a serious problem.  If you aren't smiling when you're praising the God of Creation, when are you smiling? A stupid joke? When your team wins? It doesn't take much to make most of us smile or laugh, but it takes a whole lot to get us to seem the least bit joyful while we're praising God. If we don't enjoy praising Christ on earth, we're going to have a rough time in heaven, because according to Revelation, we're gonna be doing quite a bit of singing up there. Next time you "stand and sing," remember what you're singing and why you're singing it, and maybe, just maybe, you may smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment